Start a Blog Now: QuickStart Guide to Wordpress
A complete guide to starting and running a website or blog with WordPress made especially for quick launches!
THIS COURSE IS FREE TO THOSE THAT USE MY REFERRAL LINK TO PURCHASE WEB HOSTING:
Forward your purchase receipt to: firstname.lastname@example.org for free access coupon.
This course is for people who want to create a blog or website but don't have time to read a long book or complete a lengthy tutorial.
It's especially designed for the quick launch blogger!
This, easy-to-follow tutorial focuses on the WordPress CMS (content management system) which is the quickest, easiest, non-coding method of starting a website/blog. This course is ideal for people either wanting to have their own blog/website OR for people who want to acquire this skill in order to charge clients for website creation services. You will learn how to get a domain name, hosting services and choose a WordPress theme (the clothes on your website) along with modules on monetizing your site with ads and a place to collect email addresses. If you have a business, idea, blog or voice that needs to be heard. This is a great place to start! There is even a bonus module on creating a logo for your business or website with free online tools.
Who Is This Course For?
- Anyone who needs to have a web presence through either a static website or a blog
- Anyone who wants to learn to create websites as a side-business
- Anyone wanting foundational knowledge on creating and running a WordPress based website or blog
- Anyone who wants to get going sooner and not later on a blog; designed as a quick start guide
At the End of This Course, Students Will Be Able To:
- Obtain a domain & web hosting account
- Create a website/blog QUICKLY i.e. within a few hours
- Manipulate and navigate WordPress to create and update a functional, visually appealing website
- Monetize your website immediately with Google Adsense
- Collect email addresses for highly effective email marketing
- Create blog posts and web pages that provide a great user experience
- Connect social media feeds to make the blog/website look "alive" and consistently updated
What do Students Need to Start This Course?
- Basic computer skills like being able to use a mouse and keyboard along with finding files on a computer
- Be familiar with how cloud-based software works: email, social media and internet surfing count!
Aja McClanahan is a personal finance and entrepreneurship writer. Her family got out of over $120K in debt by budgeting and increasing their income with several businesses. She now writes regularly about personal finance and online entrepreneurship at www.principlesofincrease.com and various other online publications.
StartStart a Blog Now Intro (What to Expect) (3:56)
StartStart Blog: Video 1 (Choosing a Domain Name and Adding Hosting) (11:31)
StartStart Blog: Video 2 (Choosing a Theme and Adding Navigation) (16:43)
StartStart Blog: Video 3 (Plugins and Perma Links) (10:21)
StartStart a Blog: Video 4 (Widgets and Sidebars) (12:42)
StartStart a Blog: Video 5 (Connecting Social Media Buttons and Feeds to Your Blog) (12:32)
StartStart a Blog: Video 6 (Installing Ads and Making Money) (13:35)
StartStart a Blog: Video 7 (Google Analytics) (14:49)
StartStart a Blog: Video 8 (Integrating Your Mailing List) (17:13)
StartBlog Udemy: Video 9 (More Theme Options) (11:05)
StartStart a Blog: Video 10 (Make Your Website Prettier) (15:10)